Thursday, May 17, 2007

Visit to the vet and something else



Last tuesday I went to the vet. I needed my rabies vaccine and my mom needed my food and my heartworm preventive medicine. So there we went. The vet checked me up from nose to tail (and you know what I mean, ah?) I was a little bit stressed, I don't know why. But the vet said I am perfect (he's right! ha-ha!). He also clipped my nails and I was a good girl and let him work. He praised me a lot and gave me a big hug! No pictures, my mom forgot the camera!. It was late when we came back home so, no walkie, just my dinner, a little of watchdog in my railing and that was all.

Yesterday, my mom had a new experience. When she got to her office, she saw 2 little dogs playing in the garden, she smiled and came into her office. Like 2 hours later she heard them crying. She went out and gave them some milk. She continued her work and didn't heard them again. When she left her office to go home she didn't see them, so she thought that maybe someone had taken them. She couldn't sleep very well thinking about the little dogs. Today when she got to her office she saw them there. So she started thinking what she could do for them. She called my grandpa and asked him to go to ask our neighbor (she has 9 adopted dogs) if she knew where my mom could take them to be safe. Our neighbor told my grandpa to take the dogs to a vet she knows. This vet vaccines and deworms (is that a word?) stray dogs for her and later they are sent to a place where they can be adopted. The best thing is the vet she named, is my vet! So my mom put them in a box and went to his clinic. He wasn't there at the moment, so my mom talked with his assistant about the situacion and she said it was ok. They had done that for our neighbor several times. My mom offered to pay the bill but the assistant said it was not necessary because they had a deal with our neighbor so, she left the clinic feeling better knowing that the dogs are in good hands in a better place and that someone is going to take good care of them. When she came home she told us about the whole thing and gave me lots of kisses and hugs telling me how much she loves me!

Just a happy face to tell you.... "Have a good night!"

Besos y abrazos
Lorenza

20 comments:

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Lorenza,
That's a wonderful thing that your mom did!! At least those doggies are safe now and have the chance to go to a forever home like you and me. Your mom is a wonderful person..

Emily and Ike said...

Your mom is soooo nice.
Ike

Ruby Bleu said...

What a great thing your Mommy did. You are such a lucky girl!

Lots of licks, Ruby

Maggie said...

great thing your mom did , she is good , for a pawson

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Lorenza,
Your mom is so wonderful to do that for the doggies. It'll make a difference in their lives. :)


~ Girl girl

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Lorenza,

Not only does your mom love you, she takes care of other doggies too! She is an angel. We are glad the doggies are safe now and can find good forever homes. All doggies need to be loved.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Lorenza, Your mom's a real sweetie to care about those doggies. Every dog deserves a chance right? :) I love that pikture of you smiling up at the camera!

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Well done mum!

Licks
Oscar x

Peanut said...

Good job Lorenza's mom.

Katherine and Pippa said...

We're glad you are ok after your vet visit, and you have a very special mom.

Still no tummy shots from me though. Pippa

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Lorenza,
Wow your mum is great!! I guess she can sleep better now too. Thanks for dropping by to wish me a happy Birthday.
Licks
Jazz

Ferndoggle said...

Way to Go Mom! Not everyone would have gone the extra mile to help out those little doggies! You're very lucky to have her!

Lola
(My Mom is as confused about Lost as yours is! She's going to watch this weeks episode again to see if she can figure things out!)

Wimsey said...

You have a very sweet and lovely Mother, and she has a very sweet and lovely girl in you.

Wimsey

Girasol said...

Your Mom has a big heart. She did the right thing.
You are a lucky dog.

Gwyn Valentine said...

Your mom is a nice lady!

Doggies like us need people like your mom!

You are one lucky girl!

Unknown said...

lorenza tu tienes mucha suerte de la mama que tienes ...
disfrutala mucho...
un abrazo

Anonymous said...

Your mom sounds wonderful!

Charlie said...

Your mom is nice -- and so are your neighbor and your vet!! What a happy story!
- Charlie

Tadpole said...

Aww... you have a GOOD mom!

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I hope the dogs find a good home. You mom is very kind to go to all that trouble! J x